Qatar Visa Centres (QVCs)
To streamline the visa application process, the Ministry of Interior has launched a service to allow employers to complete visa applications through international ‘Qatar Visa Centres’ (QVC). This permits expatriates to apply whilst they are in their home country.
QVCs provide a wide range of services including biometric data recording, fingerprinting, medical exams and labour contract signing which can be complete before the applicant departs their home country. This initiative was launched to reduce the cases of employees being sent home due to disqualification and to allow for employees to start their employment as soon as they arrive to Qatar.
There are currently twelve QVCs open across four different countries including, India, Sri Lanka, Pakistan and Bangladesh, with eight more in Indonesia, Nepal, Tunisia and Philippines set to be opened shortly.
How does a QVC work?
Steps to be taken by the employer:
- Step One: The employer should start the initial application process through the Ministry of Interior website (www.moi.gov.qa) or through the Metrash App
- Step Two: An initial approval will be issued by the Ministry of Interior and a reference number will be generated for the potential employee
- Step Three: The employment contract will be compiled and signed by the employer electronically through the Ministry of Interior website or Metrash App
- Step Four: The employer can then book an appointment for medical exam (blood test, x-ray, visual assessment, physical exam) at the QVC
- Step Five: The employee will then need to visit the QVC website (www.qatarvisacenter.com) using their unique reference number to sign the employment contract*
*The employer must pay all recruitment costs in Qatar to enable the employee to finalise the process through the QVC
Steps to be taken by the foreign employee:
- Step One: At the QVC, the employee must validate their unique reference number with their passport and all required documents must be submitted
- Step Two: A Labour contract (employment/work contract) signed by the employer will be provided to the employee for review and e-signature
- Step Three: Once the contract has been signed, the employee will proceed to submitting biometric data and medical checkups. The contract will be provided to the employee once this process is complete
- Step Four: The employee will then need to wait for a notification from the employer regarding the medical examination results
- Step Five: Once all required examination results have been approved, a work visa will be issued and the employee can start their employment as soon as they arrive to Qatar
What documents are required at QVCs?
- Original and copy of passport – must be valid for at least six months
- Educational certificates – a copy of the highest education certificate attested by the relevant department and Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the issuing country. The document must also be verified by the local embassy.
What are the fees required at QVCs?
List of service fees:
- Medical Check Up & Biometric Fees: QR 497
- Visa Services Fees: QR 360
- Resident Permit Fees: QR 1,200
How can Venture Partner Qatar assist?
Venture Partner Qatar provide a personalised approach to PRO services, with a dedicated service tailored to your business’s specific requirements. Processing government documents can be a complex task for many businesses, particularly for foreign investors who are unfamiliar with the region. Venture Partner Qatar’s service facilitates this, making the entire process quicker and simpler.
For further information on Venture Partner Qatar’s comprehensive range of PRO services or for any other questions relating to company set up in Qatar click here or call us on +974 (0) 4478 8765.