Steps and procedures which are required to open a new air cargo office
- Step 1: An application to open a travel agency or air cargo agency should be submitted to the concerned office at The Ministry of Commerce and Industry. The applicant shall attach to the application a copy of the office rent contract and a copy of the owner’s ID.
- Step 2: After a site check by the QCAA inspector, initial approval will be granted to the applicant to open the office and practise business. This will be valid for three months, during which time the applicant shall submit the following documents:
- Completed application form.
- Copy of the office’s commercial registration.
- Copy of the office’s commercial licence.
- Copy of the owner's ID card.
- Copy of the office and warehouse lease contract.
- Original copy of an open unrestricted bank guarantee, valued at two hundred thousand Qatari Riyals (QR 200,000) for a travel agency or valued at one hundred thousand Qatari Riyals (QR 100,000) for an air cargo agency.
- Insurance policy against accidents which includes the establishment and warehouses.
- Issuance Fees of ten thousand Qatari Riyals (QR 10,000).
- Office architectural design, approved by one of the licensed architectural offices.
- Copy of the company's contract, in case the office is owned by several individuals.
- Insurance policy against accidents covering the office(s) and the warehouse(s) (for Air Cargo Agencies only).
- Step 3: The authority will provide the applicant with a handbook containing the air cargo office’s code and rules of operation to comply with.
- Step 4: Issuance of the licence.
- Step 5: Ensuring that the office has started practicing the activity and complied with all the conditions and specifications which are required. This will be verified through inspection visits made by The Civil Aviation Authority.
- Step 6: The office shall renew the licence annually and pay renewal fees of five thousand Qatari Riyals (QR 5,000) for the head office and two thousand Qatari Riyals (QR 2,500) for any branch.
- The office licence shall be renewed annually at the specified date.
- The renewal fees of the main office are five thousand Qatari Riyals (QR 5,000) and two thousand five hundred Qatari Riyals (QR 2,500) for the branch.
- A pre-approval shall be obtained from The Civil Aviation Authority, in case of moving the office to another location, changing the manager or adding a partner.
- In case of adding a new branch, the application shall be submitted through the single window. After approval, a copy of the commercial registration and the commercial licence of the new office must be submitted to The Civil Aviation Authority as well as completing the specified form. A fee of two thousand five hundred Qatari Riyals (QR 2,500) to be paid. The licence of this branch is affiliated to the main office licence.
- The commercial name shall be the same in all official documents.
How can Venture Partner Qatar help?
For assistance with queries on setting up an LLC or Branch Office in Qatar and for any other assistance in setting up a company in Qatar or entering the market, please contact a member of the team at Venture Partner Qatar on +974 4478 8765.