7 Top Tips for E Commerce Trading in Qatar
Adoption of e-commerce has not yet been fully embraced in Qatar, the chance to get ahead of the competition is now. With a favourable environment of high disposable income and a connected community the Qatari e-commerce market allows for significant growth and opportunity. Here’s our top tips to help you develop a competitive and successful online presence:
- Firstly, ensure that your paperwork is in order and that you are operating legally. If you have a company in Qatar you will need to ensure that you have added ‘e-commerce’ as an activity to your Commercial Registration before you start trading online. If you are unsure how to do this use a professional PRO service to help you. www.vpqatar.com/contact-us
- Use the resources available to you by reviewing the Ministry of Transport and Communications e-Commerce information portal and handy roadmap guide: www.ecommerceqatar.qa
- Don’t get lost in the crowd, secure yourself a .qa domain name. Your Domain Name is your online identity. It helps connect you or your company to the world and using a Qatar domain shows you are uniquely Qatar! Check to see if your domain name is available now www.domains.qa
- Use a secure payment portal such as QPAY and Blockchain Innovation. Your ecommerce site should feel credible and trustworthy. Luckily a new innovation, QPAY-SECURE, which is due to launch in March which will enable banks and financial institutions to provide the highest security in payment processing. Using this payment processing system banks can trace transactions and fund transfers whether Business to Business (B2B) or Business to Consumer (B2C). Find out more: www.qpay.com.qa
- Ensure your online storefront is designed to be user friendly. The fastest way to lose a customer? A website that makes it difficult to find what they are looking for. Yes, it is important to have a visually appealing website but much more than that is to consider the ‘customer journey’. Your website needs to have a clear structure so that people can quickly find exactly what they want – the easier they can find what they are looking for the more likely they are to buy.
- Create a seamless user experience. Can you view the website on your phone, your tablet and your PC? It is critical that your website is mobile compatible. Consider how quickly your site will load and how both text and images will appear on a smaller screen. Today’s consumers are spending more time than ever before on mobile devices using smartphones and tablets to search, review and purchase products.
- Position your business on different social media platforms. Qatar has strong online communities, many people engage with these to connect, share information and interact with each other. Using a combination of platforms to promote your product or service might be slightly more work but gives you a competitive advantage. Being on about 2-4 social networks is often manageable. Try to connect with online influencers who may give your company, product or service a good review or #shoutout.
If you haven’t started your business yet please come and speak to us about company formation, sponsorship and PRO services. I’m looking forward to hearing from you. Email: email@example.com